Monday, January 14, 2013

Wow All Over Again!

Wow, I can't believe we're already into the third week  of 2013. I think I may have said the same thing and had the same feeling this time last year! It's "WOW" all over again!

But there's one thing I know that will be very different this year...I'm going to take better care of ME!

So often in the past I've neglected my health--physically and emotionally--trying to do too many things all at once. It was maddening, and after a while it wore me down. Last year many of my friends and close family members were affected by health challenges. I even had my own battles. The one thing I realized is that without good health nothing else really matters. Without good health you can't enjoy the things you work so hard for.

I also realized that once you slow down, things still manage to get done, maybe not in the time you would have liked, but they still get done. And even if they don't, it's not the end of the earth, so to speak. Taking a breath to gather yourself in the face of stressful situations can prove more productive than plowing through the work and ending up with an ulcer, high blood pressure, or worse.

Will I work hard? Absolutely! Will I work non-stop? Absolutely NOT! Moderation is going to be my motto. I know I'll have to adjust in order to ease into this knew way of being, but I'm looking forward to the experience!

Blessings,
Trice
www.tricehickman.com

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete